Leader: Carol Kearney
Attendance: 18 Members, 2 Guests
Spotlighter: Jen Cochran
On Deck: Barbara Murphy
- NEXT MEETING WITH BE AT DR. ERIC’S OFFICE!!!
- Share our Facebook Events.
- There are still some pending leads from January, please close them out to clean up our stats.
- We have decided to have a meeting the 4th week in November because Thanksgiving will fall on the 3rd week this year.
Spotligher: Jennifer Cochran – Fitness Design Solutions
- Jen was born in Little Rock, AK and moved to central MA when she was 2 years old.
- Jen has two younger siblings
- Her dad spent 40 years at the same company and now both her parents are retired and enjoying traveling.
- Jen went to a small high school and graduated with only 80 people
- She has always been active and participated in dance, did yoga and Taekwondo
- At one point she fell down some stairs and injured her hip.
- She noticed that when she was active and moving she felt pretty good, but as she got older and spent more time working, she felt her hip much more.
- Her early working career in tech, business development, project management, user interfaces, etc
- She started traveling 75% of the time for work and got burnt out
- She found a program that was the education version of her current job
- While she was going to school, she couldn’t work so she started working on Fridays at a friends Gym and she got her pilates instructor
- 2 years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer and 3 years before that she was diagnosed with celiacs
- Autoimmune conditions are genetic and tend to run in the family and when you have one condition you are more susceptible to other conditions.
- She was not feeling well, started gaining weight, and had trouble with concentrating and it turns out that she had some gluten in her cancer medications