Attendance: 17 members, 5 guests
Unfortunately, today was Cheryl’s last meeting, as she is moving onto bigger and better things. We wish her the best of luck and we will miss her dearly.
Leader: Carol Kearney
Spotlighter: Barbara Murphy
On Deck: Greg Simmons – 10/26/16
- Visit the Facebook Event page for next week and INVITE people who you would like to have as a guest, and then SHARE the event on your wall. Simply “Liking” the event will not put it in front of any possible guests.
- Bring your Potomac Promoters cards to the Chamber Breakfast tomorrow. Invite chamber members to our Leadshare social next week!
- Double check all your information and links on the website. Click the Members tab, and you can click your picture to end up on your page, check the square link boxes under your photo.
Spotlighter: Barbara Murphy – Ashburn Volunteer Fire and Rescue
Barbara remembers walking her dog when she first moved here and spotting a sign on the AVFRD building claiming “Great Benefits – zero dollars”.
Her and her husband are both members of the department. Barbara started out as an EMT, and has migrated to the administrative positions.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
There are many rolls that people can volunteer for to help AVFRD. While you could go through the training process to become an EMT or Firefighter, you could also help with functions and fundraisers, even something as simple as flipping pancakes at the breakfasts.
To find out more, visit the Open House this Sunday and you can visit the booths of Orange Theory and John Nugent and Sons.
Important information about STROKE!
- There are two types of stroke, however the symptoms tend to be similar.
- Patients need to get to the hospital within 3 hours.
- Look for the symptoms – Have the patient Smile; ask them to repeat a sentence; have them hold their arms out infront of them with their eyes closed and look for an arm to droop.
Important information about Heart Attacks!
- As with a Stroke, time is sensitive.
- Time is Muscle, and your heart is a muscle.
- Prevention is the best medicine for Heart Attacks. Eat right, exercise, and destress!