- Chris Peters, NOVA Kitchens, Baths and Basements. 0: 703.378.7100 or C 703.586.0714. email@example.com
- Leads – how they are counted so we are all consistent: if you do ongoing business with a Potomac Promoter, every time a check for services is written, that is a new lead. Example: If you buy a package of appointments from Dr. Eric, that is one lead, closed with $. Next time you buy a package, that will be a new lead passed, closed with $.
- Last Wednesday of the month of May or June – social at Carol’s house. Give Carol a bit of time to finalize and an announcement will go out.
- Please actively recruit for our group as we will always have slots opening. Go to the Chamber breakfasts and recruit. Think about your power team and recruit members that would make that team even more powerful.
- Ashburn Fire Station grand opening May 15 – get your raffle tickets from Barbara – it’s a lead!
- May 19 reception at Access National Bank – contact Susan for details
Entrepreneurial Moment – Bill Hornbeck
Don’t be a ‘Solopreneur’. Think of a trapeze artist. You want to get to the top. You have to reach platforms along the way. There is always another platform to strive for. Risk is involved. It takes teamwork to keep climbing higher. With a team, there is no limit to the heights you can achieve.
Bill Hornbeck is leaving our group. We will miss him. His wit and wisdom brightened our day and enriched our business plans.
Spotlighter – Sidney Hooper – Sid Hooper and Associates
- Born in Smithfield, Virginia
- Ironically,did not like his first accounting class!
- One sleepless night he read an accounting textbook and discovered that he really liked it.
- Has his undergraduate and Masters in Accounting
- Auditor at Arthur Andersen,once the largest public accounting firm in the world
- Then went to work for a private company, working his way up to CFO
- Started his own company in Sterling and it is going very well
- Services include CFO consulting, bookkeeping and taxes
- Why use a CPA?
Licensed in your state
Consistency – same person each time
Doors open at all times, not just at tax season
Record retention – Sid takes on this responsibility
- If you have a simple return, you do not need a CPA such as Sid and he will gladly share that insight with you to save you money
- Ideal clients for Sid any small business
- Tip from Sid: Take care claiming older children. If they make more than $4,000 in a year and file their own return, you may not be able to claim them as a dependent.
- May 15 – Loudoun Senior Expo 12:30 to 4:30 -Chris has details as he is a sponsor
- May 15 – Ashburn Volunteer Fire and Rescue Open House! Barbara has raffle tickets. (if you buy some, it is a closed lead with $)
- May 19-22: 50 percent off eyewear at Visionworks in Leesburg – Anna has a special coupon and details for you 713.444.5262 – includes frames, single vision and progressive lenses, all coatings, tints, etc. Located in: Village at Leesburg, Address: 1607 Village Market Blvd SE, Leesburg, VA 20175, Phone:(703) 443-1379
- May 19 – Access National Bank customer appreciation
- May 20 – National Bike to Work Day
- June 2 – Access National Bank “Off to the Races” Event