Leader: Carol Kearney
Attendance: 21 members, 9 guests
Spotlighter: Alan Irwin
On Deck: Dane David
“Giving Referrals – begins with one’s to one’s. Get to know them on a personal level. Find out what to look for when you are out and about. Consciously listen to things going on around you.”
- Valor Awards – Final Call for the second table. If we don’t get a full table, we will reach out to another group to help fill that table.
- So far our stats are ahead of where we were last year.
- Please join the Healthy Business Challenge
- Simply click HERE!!!!
- The survey takes 5-10 minutes, and our leadshare group represented 17 or so out of the 50 participants last year!
- Let’s continue to kick some butt
- Sign up for the Super Hero 5K sponsored by the chamber. You can WALK or RUN. Plus it is a nice opportunity to visit with your fellow Leadshare Members!
Spotlighter: Alan Irwin – Capon Springs and Farms
- Originally from Rochester NY, met his wife in South Korea on deployment. Has one son who lives in Tysons.
- Got started working in golf club development
- Worked with Toll Brothers developing 12 new country clubs
- Did some term work and had a one year stint on Mount Vernon, which he said was one of his favorite jobs of all time.
Capon Springs traces its roots back to the 1850s
- 12 Buildings all together
- 115 rooms in an all inclusive family style setting
- offer two meals at their “sunset Lodge” with a beautiful view in the evening
- golf, frisbee golf, farm tour, meet the animals (new piglets are on their way), hiking trails with varying difficulty
- Have a meeting house for larger groups
- schedule campfires, bingo, talent shows, and several other activities.
- Scheduled events for younger children ect.
- Taking reservations for Easter Weekend – with sunrise service and easter egg hunt
- This is only the 3rd time that the resort has been open on Easter Weekend
- Season starts on May 4th