Attendance: 16 members, 3 guests
Leader: Carol Kearney
Spotlighter: Chuck Birdie
On Deck: Jim Looney – August 10th
- Who is your favorite chamber member? Invite them
- Who is your favorite non-chamber member? – Invite them, get them to join the chamber
- Spotlighters, remember to invite guests.
- Take the Green Business Challenge – Deadline is September.
- Loudoun Youth Football Experience (LYFE) Fundraising Raffle: $10 for a chance at a Cruise, Flat screen TV, or a Dicks sporting good gift card.
Virginia Lawyers for Children
Spotlighter: Chuck Birdie – Lead2Succeed
Helping Non-Profits do what they do BEST!
- Philanthropy – love of human kind
- Chuck has helped build churches, hospital wings
- Capital campaigns – large amount of money in a short period of time for a specific purpose – polio vaccines for WHO
- Annual campaign – the bread and butter of a non-profit – the collection of the annual budget for the non-profit.
- 4 simple but critical requirements that Chuck looks for
- Case à Product
- Leadership à People (Sales people)
- Prospect list à Customers
- Plan à Business Plan
- Stigma in the non-profit culture is that fundraising is a Necessary Evil, however if businesses looked at Sales in the same way, they would be out of business.
- $906 billion – Non profit sector contributes to the US Economy
- $373 billion in private donations à 71% of which come from individuals
- 32% go to churches, follow by higher education, 12% foundations, health, arts/culture,
- Percent of US adults that volunteer – 25%
- 7 billion hours valued at $179.2 billion dollars
When you give to another person, there’s a physiological response. Your brain’s pleasure and reward centers light up as if you were the recipient of the good deed, not just the giver. SO GIVE!
August: Every Tuesday – do you 1-2-1’s at Not Your Average Joes and a portion of the meal will go to AVFRD
August 4th: Loudoun YP grand opening of Blackfinn in Ashburn (contact Dr. Eric to RSVP)
August 6th: Orange Theory Fitness celebration at Uncle Julios in OneLoudoun
Upcoming Social event will be a Service Event for Mobile Hope in honor of Anna. Details to follow.
September 1 – AVFRD Golf Tournament at 1757 Club
September 8 – Chamber Breakfast hosted by Champaign Cleaning Services.