Leader: Carol Kearney
Attendance: 18 members, 7 guests
Spotlighter: Karen Parks
On Deck: Helmut Herder
- Almost all of the members have contributed to the coffee “slush” fund. If you haven’t contributed or not sure if you have or not, ask Greg.
- Healthy Business Challenge is now open. Let’s support our members and help ourselves with this free tool. Visit http://www.loudounchamber.org/health-wellness/ to get started.
- If you have not used the app yet this year, it is IMPERATIVE that you click the “sync” button (bottom right hand corner) before entering/editing data.
- If you have already entered or edited data (prior to syncing) you may receive an error message preventing you from syncing.
- If you get this error message, it is likely that you have edited a lead that has already been removed from the 2k18 version of the app, and the app cannot find that data point to “update” and it will give you an error.
- I was able to fix this on someone else’s phone by selecting the menu in the app and there is a option to “reset data” or something similar. This is not an option unless you have received an error message, and I don’t remember exactly what it is called. Once you have reset the data, you can then sync without a problem, and then continue to use the app as before.
Spotlighter: Karen Parks – Foxbridge Communications
- Originally from a suburb of Philly.
- Studied journalism at WVU, where she met her husband and decided to settle in Virginia.
- She has 3 children ranging from 3 to 9 years old.
- After college she went into the publishing/marketing realm
- She started working for the Ashburn Village sports pavilion and then became the operations manager of the pavilion.
- Small Woman Owned Business
- Over 40 years of experience
- Offer full range of marketing and communication services, under one roof.
- Performance measures to track progress against goals.
- Priority #1: Help your company grow.
- Combine marketing support with operational insights to define and monitor your program goals
- Works with a wide range of businesses and markets.
- Foxbridge helped with the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project.
- Helped with a rebranding of a top 10 government contracting organization.
- Worked with VRE to determine if they wanted to expand to Haymarket
Thoughts on marketing
- There is no “silver bullet” when it comes to marketing
- Marketing trends come and go
- Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results
- Only have 5 seconds to capture someones attention
- Keeping someones attention is a bold art
What makes Foxbridge different?
- provide scalable support to work with all companies from small business to multi million dollar businesses.
- We don’t do contracts, we want you to stay with us because your happy.
- We offer affordable rates for local services.
Leave a reply →