Leader: Carol Kearney
Attendance: 19 members, 5 guests
Spotlighter: Helmut Herder
On Deck: Erica Gormley
- Welcome to our NEWEST MEMBER: Sindi
- Almost all of the members have contributed to the coffee “slush” fund. If you haven’t contributed or not sure if you have or not, ask Greg.
- Healthy Business Challenge is now open. Let’s support our members and help ourselves with this free tool. Visit http://www.loudounchamber.org/health-wellness/ to get started.
- Doug and Erica have volunteered to take charge of the “Valor Awards” initiative.
- The former Green Business Challenge is no longer a Chamber initiative, however Carol will still be spearheading the operation and will keep us up to date on when that opens.
Spotlighter: Helmut Herder – KIP Services
- After retirement, Helmut started a consulting business aligned with his former career, but he wasn’t really enjoying himself. A friend told him that he should look into coaching because he is such a good listener. After researching several coaching companies, he settled on John Maxwell because of the support they provide after his training.
- Leaders are born, not made.
- I can’t lead if I am not at the top.
Have you ever heard any of these?
- Why can I not get anywhere in this organization?
- Why are we not making money?
- Why aren’t we growing?
We all have the potential of becoming a leader, but you must grow yourself.
- You can learn to lead and grow no matter what position or place you have in life.
- People follow you because of who you are and what you represent.
- Individualized plans designed around individualized needs.
- This could be a group setting at corporate level, or to meet individual/personal needs.
- KIP offers a guarantee on all of their services.
- Currently offering a 1 hour free leadership training.
- These services vary greatly from your corporate retreat/leadership training because it is not a weekend course that goes in one ear and out the other. Instead of trying to train habits, Helmut focuses on the individual to help them improve themselves, leading to better habits.
You have the answer inside you, tucked down under the subconscious mind. KIP Services helps lead you on a path to discover the answers on your own.
- If you have not used the app yet this year, it is IMPERATIVE that you click the “sync” button (bottom right hand corner) before entering/editing data.
- If you have already entered or edited data (prior to syncing) you may receive an error message preventing you from syncing.
- If you get this error message, it is likely that you have edited a lead that has already been removed from the 2k18 version of the app, and the app cannot find that data point to “update” and it will give you an error.
- I was able to fix this on someone else’s phone by selecting the menu in the app and there is a option to “reset data” or something similar. This is not an option unless you have received an error message, and I don’t remember exactly what it is called. Once you have reset the data, you can then sync without a problem, and then continue to use the app as before.