Attendance: 19 members, 10 guests
Leader: Carol Kearney
Spotlighter: Andrea Keith
On Deck: Dawn Crawley
Today is the last meeting of the year :(. But we did have 27 people show up!!!!
- No more meetings this year. The next scheduled meeting falls between x-mas and New Years and we will be following the LCPS schedule, so NO Meeting!
- We need to finish up our LEADS sheet for this year. We really only have one more visit before 2016 Leads close.
- Just a reminder – We will be following the LCPS snow schedule. This will be an excused absence and will not count
- The first visit of January we encourage the group to have their Power Team Meetings afterwards.
Spotlighter: Andrea Keith – Orange Theory Fitness
- The owner of OTF is Andrea’s husband’s best friend, and needed someone like Andrea to run marketing and handle community outreach.
- Andrea drives in from Annapolis, where she lives with her husband and 4 kids, two of which are in college.
Orange Theory Fitness is a personal trainer run High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) class.
- The focus of the class is your personal heart rate. If you spend 12 minutes in the Orange Zone, you will burn calories for the next 24 hours.
- Each member is fitted with a heart rate monitor, which is set to
- The one hour class is different every day and they have yet to repeat a class since they opened.
- The class is usually split into a few groups, which cycle through the different stations during the class.
- OTF takes the guess work out of working out, you just have to show up and follow the directions. This way there is no need to self-motivate.
- After each workout, you will get an email detailing your workout.
- OTF also has an app which allows you to keep track of your workouts and sign up for classes right from your phone.
Other guests who attended but did not provide a business card were: Mary Lowery and Sharron Brown from Legal Shield and a representative from New York Life.