Leader: Carol Kearney
Attendance: 20 members, 3 guests
Spotlighter: Lisa Brill
On Deck: Chuck Birdie
Acknowledge when you get a lead and follow up with your fellow members so they can follow up and know you are taking care of their customers.
- Please ensure that you have downloaded your new Promoter App
- Leads to other Leadshare Groups do count in the stats but they cannot be entered in through the app, so email those to Lisa or Dr. Eric to get them in from the back end.
- Add your events through the app and it will be loaded up to the website automatically.
- The best way to take advantage of the chamber is to be involved.
Spotlighter: Lisa Brill – Value Blinds and Heirloom Drapery
- Originally from Roanoke, went to Radford University, for an American Society of Interior Design certified degree for interior design.
- Moved to Richmond and felt that she needed a change and she started working for Carol Fabrics until it was bought up by Hunter Douglas.
- She was is sales, and eventually became the manager for the sales people at Hunter Douglas.
- The housing market slowed down, and she had to let 6 people go in one week.
- She decided to get out of that position, and Frank (the owner of VB) offered Lisa a job to work with them while she finds something else
- Family operated business.
- Have their own installers.
- Frank will go anywhere for installations. Hunter Douglas has certified installers that they will use.
- Lisa is one of 2 designers in the company
- Help homeowners decide between what they think they want and what they really need.
- Shades can help protect furniture or hardwood floors or have some will offer some insulation value with R-value shades.
- VB offers free paper shades for new homeowners so you are not living in a fishbowl. They also have black paper shades for the bedrooms as well
- Looking for supervisors for big builders or the actual builders for small builders. Looking for property managers.
Leave a reply →
Other guests include:
- Zachary Waddell – Salons by JC manager – SBJC.Cascades@gmail.com – 703-255-3311